You Know It
April 24, 2015//
Topics to Dig Into
For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid with mere gold or silver, which lose their value. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.
1 Peter 1:18-19
1 Peter 1:18-19
There’s a lot to consider in today’s scripture:
- Without God, life is empty
- God paid the price for you to have a full life now and eternally
- Your salvation wasn’t easy or cheap
- Gold and silver (and all our treasures) are only of value temporarily
- Jesus was sinless, therefore He is the only acceptable Lamb offering
- His blood permanently fulfills the Old Testament system of reconciliation
Your salvation has already been arranged!
The scripture begins for you know. Lean in. Trust it. Did you need to be reminded?
#seedsofscripture #treasures #salvation #LambofGod #emptylife
Spend a few minutes to plant a quick Seed. Or stay longer and plant a whole garden.
Each post is a brief scriptural thought that will grow as you let it take root in your thoughts. If you have time, dig into one area of interest and plant a whole garden.
Receive Seeds of Scripture by email.
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.
Ephesians 3:17 (NLT)
I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5 (NLT)
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Leave a Comment